QuickCapture photos not respecting landscape mode of tablets/smartphones

Jump to solution
06-12-2023 02:39 PM
Labels (1)
CMV_Erik
Occasional Contributor

We're just starting to use QuickCapture and I'm wondering if I'm missing something about camera orientation.

I've been using IOS devices to take pictures when the device is held in both portrait and landscape orientations. When I used Field Maps, the image appears rotated to match the orientation of the smartphone/tablet. For QuickCapture the images are always shown as portrait in both the feature class and the Oriented Imagery viewer. I've tested both apps using the same device, and the device doesn't seem to make a difference. 

Is there something I need to adjust in the QuickCapture settings to make the photo appear as expected?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Although the preview does not rotate while you are taking a photo, you should see the captured photo rotated once it has been taken. If not, you should check whether Portrait Orientation: Lock is enabled for the phone. If it is, you need to disable it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Although the preview does not rotate while you are taking a photo, you should see the captured photo rotated once it has been taken. If not, you should check whether Portrait Orientation: Lock is enabled for the phone. If it is, you need to disable it.

CMV_Erik
Occasional Contributor

That did make a difference, thanks. What's confusing is that Field Maps and the phone's Camera app ignore this setting. Consistency would be better, but I'll post any Ideas where they belong

0 Kudos