addItem successful but no item is added

Jump to solution
02-06-2019 11:37 AM
AngieCausey
New Contributor III

I have a simple html post form that is using the ArcGIS REST API to add an item into my arcgis online content.  The call returns success: true, and gives me an item id, but that item is nowhere to be found!!  any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AngieCausey
New Contributor III

Sorry I wasn't more specific.  I was only adding a file (image).  I utlimately figured it out - I was using the multipart=true parameter when it should've been false since I was not chunking the file into multiple parts.  Why ESRI gave me a success message, I am not sure, but there must be image file chunks now strewn about inside the bowels of Portal!!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RandyBurton
MVP Alum

My first thought would be bad or missing geometry.

When you login to your account and go to the layer via my content, when you click on the data tab, do you see any of the attributes in the table?

0 Kudos
AngieCausey
New Contributor III

Sorry I wasn't more specific.  I was only adding a file (image).  I utlimately figured it out - I was using the multipart=true parameter when it should've been false since I was not chunking the file into multiple parts.  Why ESRI gave me a success message, I am not sure, but there must be image file chunks now strewn about inside the bowels of Portal!!

MarthaRodgers
New Contributor III

Thank you @AngieCausey , you solved the exact issue I was also having!

-Martha

0 Kudos