Identify Time Query

11-10-2011 06:58 AM
MaudGillespie
Occasional Contributor
I am using the "&time=1199145600000, 1230768000000" to query SDE and return assets within a date range. I was able to set up my request to include this param and I am returned results. Can someone please tell me what date(data) field the SDE Identify(Operation) looks at? Is it an attribute field or a system field? I am returned the same results regardless of what date I put in my query.

SQL Server 2008

Installation Information
Product Name: ArcGIS Desktop 10
Release Version: 10.0
Product Version: 10.0.2.3200

Service Pack Information
ArcGIS Service Pack: 2 (build 10.0.2.3200)

I am using the REST service for Identify(Operation) called from a .NET application. But even if I paste the request into a web browser or use your interface to enter the time param I have no idea what the time param is looking at.

Thanks for any help!

Jim
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RaviNarayanan
Esri Contributor
It would the startTimeField and endTimeField fields defined for the layer. See the timeinfo property in the layer resource of the layer being identified.

here is an example:
http://sampleserver3b.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/Earthquakes/EarthquakesFromLastSevenDays...

"timeInfo" : {
    "startTimeField" : "datetime",
    "endTimeField" : null,
    "trackIdField" : null,
    "timeExtent" : [
    ], "timeReference" : null,
    "timeInterval" : 1,
    "timeIntervalUnits" : "esriTimeUnitsHours",
    "exportOptions" : {
      "useTime" : true,
      "timeDataCumulative" : false, "timeOffset" : null, "timeOffsetUnits" : null
    }
  },

If a time field is not defined for a layer, the any time value input in the request will be ignored.
0 Kudos