Proxy Forward not working on ArcGIS Server

Jump to solution
09-07-2023 05:43 AM
Felipe_Costa
New Contributor III

Good afternoon.

I am struggling with an error related to Proxy Forward configuration on ArcGIS Server 11.1 and 10.9 on an On-premises server.

I have configured on ArcGIS Server Admin page the Home > system > properties , following the instructions from the Esri documentation page: Configure a forward proxy server with ArcGIS Server—ArcGIS Server | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterpr...

However, it does not take effect. I am trying to use the ArcGIS REST GP Service Utilities/PrintingTool/ExportWebMapTask, passing the Web Map as JSON, what uses an external URL to provide base maps.

Everything works when I access the URL via browser, proxy credentials are working. However, the base maps are not being exported when I do same request via ArcGIS REST GP Service, and blank JPEG is being generated.

Remark: when I remove the proxy configuration, nothing changes and the same empty JPEG is created, showing that these configurations are not taking any effect on the server. I didn't find any relevant log.

I would be very grateful if somebody can help with this issue.
Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Felipe_Costa
New Contributor III

Good morning. 

We found the root cause for this issue. Some Windows GPO removed the previous proxy configuration, but it was a bit tricky to find. Mentioned proxy configuration has to be set to the user profile that is running the ArcGIS Server service, and we were using our own administrative account to configure the proxy, what was not taking effect for the account that is running the service. So, after login on the VM using the ArcGIS Server service account and configuring the Internet proxy, the proxy that was previously set on ArcGIS Server admin page started working.

Unfortunately the ESRI documentation mentioned above is not detailing this, what took some time to discovered by the team.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Felipe_Costa
New Contributor III

Good morning. 

We found the root cause for this issue. Some Windows GPO removed the previous proxy configuration, but it was a bit tricky to find. Mentioned proxy configuration has to be set to the user profile that is running the ArcGIS Server service, and we were using our own administrative account to configure the proxy, what was not taking effect for the account that is running the service. So, after login on the VM using the ArcGIS Server service account and configuring the Internet proxy, the proxy that was previously set on ArcGIS Server admin page started working.

Unfortunately the ESRI documentation mentioned above is not detailing this, what took some time to discovered by the team.

0 Kudos