Select to view content in your preferred language

What determines the value of the 'supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds' property?

04-12-2023 03:16 PM
Paul_K
by
New Contributor II

I'm interested in what determines the value of the feature service property supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds. I understand from the documentation that it is a logical AND of all of the layer supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds property values.

This leads me to ask, how is the value of the layer property supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds determined?

The layer properties documentation states,

For supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds to be true, layers must have a globalid column and have isDataVersioned as false.

I believe that the documentation is incorrect and that isDataVersioned must be true.

I'm interested in understanding what might cause this property value to change from true to false. I want to be confident that the global ID strategy will remain consistent unless there's a significant re-configuration by an admin and with the documentation error I've noted above I thought it best to ask.

From the layer documentation I understand that supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds will only change if any of the following changes occur:

1. the global ID column is removed
  2. the layer is un-versioned
  3. a layer attachment is changed to longer be related by the global ID.
  4. the unique index on the globalid column is removed.

Am I correct?

Thank you.

Following up on my original post:

I have heard from some colleagues that the behavior of this property is different for UN versus GN. Perhaps the documentation is correct for GN and just has not been updated for UN? For UN I see that supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds is true and isDataVersioned is also true.

0 Kudos
0 Replies