ArcGISRuntimeException: Invalid argument.: bad wkt on LOCAL_CS

05-24-2023 02:08 AM
SalvadorApltp
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am not an expert on geospatial sciences, so perhaps I am misunderstanding, but I am trying this WKT to create the SpatialReference but I am getting a "ArcGISRuntimeException: Invalid argument.: bad wkt:" with this

"LOCAL_CS["Non-Earth (Meter)", LOCAL_DATUM["Local Datum", 0], UNIT["Meter", 1], AXIS["X", EAST], AXIS["Y", NORTH]]"

I would greatly appreciate a bit of help or a few tips on how to properly set up the WKT. There are barely any examples online and it is frustrating to try to set a Local Coordinate System.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

You are definitely getting into very advanced territory. I personally haven't ever defined a custom spatial reference, but I am aware that it's possible and has been used by some GIS professionals. You might want to ask how to go about creating a custom spatial reference in the GIS savvy places such as ArcGIS Pro or Coordinate Systems 

0 Kudos
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, 

We don't support the LOCAL_CS type, can even if we did, I don't feel like there's enough information there anyway. As it is, this data wouldn't be able to be aligned with anything else with a defined geographic or projected coordinate system. Do you have more information about what the coordinate system is? 

You can take a look at WKT examples of our supported GCS/PCS at our public github site: Esri projection engine 

Melita

0 Kudos