Devices with the Kirin 9000 chip are slow to load .slpk file

06-16-2023 01:55 AM
LiChunfeng
New Contributor III

I have a .slpk file with 1GB. Loading it with a device with a Kirin 9000 chip is slow,but  loading it with a device equipped with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 870 chip is fast. How to optimize in the code?

1 Reply
KoushikHajra
Esri Contributor

Hello @LiChunfeng 

Thank you for reaching out to us with your question and I am sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the specific chipset. I have some followup questions for you.

- Which version of Maps SDK are you using? We've made some performance improvements in some of the latest releases, which is why I'd like to know which version you're using.

- What type of data are you using? Is it an integrated mesh or 3D Object Scene Layer or Point Scene Layer? 

- What is the memory usage on that chipset when using that data?  There is an override on the SceneView class to increase the memory that can be used. Can you please try to use the override to increase the memory to 2GB and see if it makes any difference? 

Please let me know and then we can go from there to try and figure out what the problem is and possible optimizations.

Hope this help!

-Koushik

0 Kudos