How to send data captured on ArcGIS Server?

Jump to solution
04-13-2017 07:53 PM
LakshyaPunhani
New Contributor

I am new to ArcGIS and I want to send the data captured from an Android Application to the ArcGIS Servers. How can i do this? Please Reply 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlexanderNohe1
Occasional Contributor III

The Sync/SaveTheBaySync (FeatureServer)  is a service that can be connected to via the ArcGIS Runtime for Android SDK.  What you can do is using the ServiceFeatureTable| arcgis-android  constructor, is construct a new ServiceFeatureTable and from that, you can construct a FeatureLayer passing the FeatureTable that you just constructed into the argument for FeatureLayer.  From there, you can call the methods of createFeature(Map<String, Object> attributes, Geometry geometry) which will create a new feature locally and follow that up with an applyEditsAsync() which will then send those edits back to the server.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlexanderNohe1

Hi punhani.lakshya‌,

Are you referring to sending data from an offline workflow or from a connected workflow? (i.e., internet connection available on the device or internet connection is not available on device while connected)  Additionally, are you trying to build your own application or looking for an existing solution (we have the collector app which can assist with sending data back to server)?  Finally, which version of the Android SDK are you interested in using?

Thanks,

Alexander

0 Kudos
LakshyaPunhani
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to build my own application with 100.0 version of Android SDK. I found this sample API 

Sync/SaveTheBaySync (FeatureServer) 

So now from this API first of all how to get latitude and longitude to setup pop-ups at the specific location and secondly if a user add any location so how to send that locations from my application to the Arc Servers and finally please help me with a specific example with code on getting data and sending data. 

Thankyou 

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

The Sync/SaveTheBaySync (FeatureServer)  is a service that can be connected to via the ArcGIS Runtime for Android SDK.  What you can do is using the ServiceFeatureTable| arcgis-android  constructor, is construct a new ServiceFeatureTable and from that, you can construct a FeatureLayer passing the FeatureTable that you just constructed into the argument for FeatureLayer.  From there, you can call the methods of createFeature(Map<String, Object> attributes, Geometry geometry) which will create a new feature locally and follow that up with an applyEditsAsync() which will then send those edits back to the server.

0 Kudos
LakshyaPunhani
New Contributor

Thanks 

0 Kudos