Map not loading on Emulator

09-03-2013 01:11 AM
Sharadarya
New Contributor
Hi,

I am new in Android Development and started the development in android GIS application with ArcGIS Android API 10.1.1 on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) platform and running the helloworld application on 4.2 ARM Emulator. Map is not loaded on emulator. I checked the internet connection on emulator. Machine was on proxy inernet connection. I set the proxy connection properties in APN in emulator. Now, the internet is working on emulator. All REST URL's are opening well on emulator. But why this REST url is not loading in ArcGIS Android Application?
I am using ArcGIS Online basemap url(Topo Map) in the application for loading the map.

Already set the following properties in Manifest file....

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" />
<uses-feature android:glEsVersion="0x00020000" android:required="true"/>

What could be the problem ?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JuliusBagdonas
New Contributor
I had the same problem. Couldn't find the way to get this runtime working on android emulator.

Solution - get genymotion (just google it 🙂 ). The thing runs on Oracle VM and is actualy faster than a real device. Also, it nicely integrates with ADT and even works with Android Studio.

Edit: oh, btw, you can also have and modify mockup GPS data (position, accuracy) with that thing on the go.
0 Kudos