Running HelloWorldMap sample on AVD (emulator)

01-10-2012 01:14 PM
JuanRufino
New Contributor
Im currently still working with the HelloWorldMap sample.. i would just like to ask for any progress in resolving the issue of running the application on AVD (emulator).. 😮 it seems im getting some error in my emulator..later ill test the application with my boss's tablet..hope this works.. hope someone can clarify or resolve this issue with the SDK not supporting AVD emulator.. cheers!!
0 Kudos
8 Replies
SebastianGreifeneder1
New Contributor III
Hi,

according to http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgismobile/10.0/apis/android/help/#/What_s_new_in_version_1_0_1/01190000...:
Changes since the Beta release:
No support for the emulator �?? this is an Android SDK limitation due to the technology we are using to create the map control.

Best regards,
Sebastian
0 Kudos
SaurabhGupta
New Contributor II
Hi,

Yes its true that at the current released version, we don't support emulator. The main reason for this is because the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android uses OpenGL ES 2.0 technology to render map images. This technology makes the product much more versatile and usable by reducing the memory footprint, dramatically improving rendering speeds and using less power.  Currently Google�??s Android Emulator does not support running applications that utilize OpenGL ES 2.0 functionality.  We are following the development of this support from Google and hope that it is supported soon.

Regards.
0 Kudos
StephenQuan
Occasional Contributor
The home page graphic of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android on the resources is misleading!
The graphic shows the ArcGIS Runtime SDK **working** in the emulator.
0 Kudos
MostafaFouly
New Contributor
It was announced on the 2nd of May 2012 that ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android v1.1 supports Android Emulator

I've tried to use it over Android v.1.1 but it didn't work though! did anybody try it out?

best,
mostafa.
0 Kudos
NicoTek
New Contributor III
I have the HelloWorldMap app working on the emulator.

I'm using Google API Platform 4.0.3 API Level 15 and it is a ARM style cpu emulator

Good Luck!
0 Kudos
Sharadarya
New Contributor
Hi,

I am using Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) Intelx86 Emulator and set the proxy settings to run the internet on emulator. Internet is working fine but still map is not loading on emulator. I am stuck in this initial stage of the android development.
Please advice what I am missing. Any setting the emulator has for loading the map.

Thanks
0 Kudos
ThomasBinu
New Contributor III
As of date, ESRI does not support the intel x86 emulator.
0 Kudos
Sharadarya
New Contributor
Thanks for your reply. I have tried both ARM and x86 image emulator but on both map did not loaded.
From this article it seems that  it supports x86 emulator as well.

http://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2012/05/02/arcgis-runtime-sdk-for-android-v1-1-supports-android-em...

I thought it's OpenGL problem and finally check the compatibility of the graphics card with OpenGL wih GL Extension Viewer 4.0.1. System has Intel HD graphics with OpenGL version 3.3 whicl means it supports opengl. But why map is not loading on emulator.
Please help......
0 Kudos