ArcGIS.com on iPad configuration error

11-02-2011 04:05 PM
JackZHANG
Occasional Contributor II
Hi, from two days ago we're having problem to access the ArcGIS for iPad on our iPad2.

We could launch the app, login to our account, but could retrieve our groups or maps. and after trying a while it gave an error message saying "Configuration Error, Use default configuration" (as attached screenshot)

Strange enough this error comes out on and off during the day, and it happened crossing couple of our iPads. The internet connection is OK as we could open web pages from Safari. Our maps services are OK. I really don't know what has caused the problem and we need to solve it urgently...

The application works all fine until two days ago we started to use our own map service (dynamic map service) as the base map. Would it cause the problem?

any advice would be appreciated!
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
Have you shut the app down completely and seen this error re-appear?
0 Kudos
JackZHANG
Yes I've tried shut down the app, reboot the iPad, log out/in, reset network connection, except reinstalling the app.

Have you shut the app down completely and seen this error re-appear?
0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor
We think the issue could be caused by two things

1.  The arcgismobile.txt file fails to load.  This occurs when there is a problem with the network connection and the app cannot download the file.

2. Could be an issue with a secured service

Just a couple of questions
-Are you using a basemap that has secured service
-what type of security certificate is the site using(if any)
-Are you getting a server trust alert and hitting cancel?

Thanks
Russ
0 Kudos
JackZHANG
Hi Russ, Thanks a lot for looking after this case.

The base map, dynamic map service, is just normal map service, not secured. No security set up at all for the site or data connection, and I didn't get any server trust alert.

thanks
Jack
0 Kudos
GaryShimmin
New Contributor
Having the same problem w/ iPad.  App is crashing when loading up my layers.  I have probably 20 to 30 separate shape files that cover different parts of the State of California.  I have a separate map with only 3 shape files and it loads just fine.  Any thoughts?
0 Kudos