Layer added to the map with features but symbols not visible

Jump to solution
08-21-2014 08:00 PM
sivalingam
New Contributor II

Hi,

We downloaded the TPK file and Layers from ArcGIS Server successfully. When adding the Layers to the base map, all the symbol files are not shown in the UI. But we were able to see the information of feature by tapping specific area in the map. It seems only symbol images are not visible but features are added to the layers. I tried to set custom symbol for feature with image size of 100x100. i am able to see the feature by tapping anywhere inside the pixels i set for symbol but image not shown. If download the layer using Global ArcGIS server, I am able to see the symbols. Can you please update me what went wrong? Is there any setup needs to be done on server to make symbols visible?

iOS Simulator Screen shot Aug 22, 2014 10.53.22 AM.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YueWu1
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Siva,

I think the problem you have already fixed by remove the Spatial Reference (SR) settings in their iOS Application codes.

The reason why I want to post is just in case someone in the future has a similar issue.

Basically, when publish a TPK file from ArcMap, you want to make sure that the Spatial Reference should match with the Feature Services. The reason is because the Spatial reference is set prior to publishing, and this is not something that can be changed after publication based on current SDK function.

tile format.JPG

The way to change the spatial reference for TPK, you need to choose the tiling scheme file if you want to publish the TPK in specific SR. The ArcGIS Online/Bing Maps/Google Maps will default use "102100(3857)"

create tile scheme file.JPG

The way how to create a map tiling scheme, you should click "ArcToolbox" --> "Server Tools" --> "Caching" --> "generate Map Server Cache Tiling Scheme" and filling those parameters. Once you done this you will get a .xml file which you can put as tile format when you creating a TPK with specific SP.

Hope those tips can help.

Thanks for contact with Esri Support!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Siva,

Have you ever tried to use simplyMarkerSymbol to do the test? If other symbols can view on the map, then it looks like the image symbol has the viewable issue.

If so you can try to contact Esri Tech support to create an incident about this issue.

0 Kudos
YueWu1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Siva,

I think the problem you have already fixed by remove the Spatial Reference (SR) settings in their iOS Application codes.

The reason why I want to post is just in case someone in the future has a similar issue.

Basically, when publish a TPK file from ArcMap, you want to make sure that the Spatial Reference should match with the Feature Services. The reason is because the Spatial reference is set prior to publishing, and this is not something that can be changed after publication based on current SDK function.

tile format.JPG

The way to change the spatial reference for TPK, you need to choose the tiling scheme file if you want to publish the TPK in specific SR. The ArcGIS Online/Bing Maps/Google Maps will default use "102100(3857)"

create tile scheme file.JPG

The way how to create a map tiling scheme, you should click "ArcToolbox" --> "Server Tools" --> "Caching" --> "generate Map Server Cache Tiling Scheme" and filling those parameters. Once you done this you will get a .xml file which you can put as tile format when you creating a TPK with specific SP.

Hope those tips can help.

Thanks for contact with Esri Support!