Strange ArcGIS Server Instances crashing

06-19-2013 08:16 PM
VIKRANTKRISHNA
New Contributor III
We are noticing a strange issue with ArcGIS server instances with using feature layer in OnDemand Mode. In our iOS app, when loading feature layers in OnDemand mode, we are noticing ArcGIS server instances crashing and restarting, making application really slow. However, as soon as I change the layers to SNAPSHOT mode, it doesn't happen. This issue does not happen when using same services in JavaScript API. in OnDemand Mode.

Any Ideas? Could it be load on the server?

I could survive using SNAPSHOT mode but the problem with using SNAPSHOT is that layers does not get updated after adding, deleting or updating features everytime. I am calling [FeatureLayer refresh] in didFeaturesEditWithResults method, does not show updated layer every single time.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor
Can you turn up logging on the server and see if there are any clues about why the instances are restarting?

I suggest you intercept the requests being made to the server by the ios app by using an intermediate proxy, and then try to isolate the request causing the problem. You may need to  contact customer support to help you with this incident because it may require expert troubleshooting.
0 Kudos