Transport Network With ArcGIS Rumtime

09-05-2018 01:08 AM
NoureddineElzaatari
New Contributor II

Dears,

i have a strange issue, i have created a transport network using ArcMap 10.5 and tested the functionality to solve route, everything works find on the desktop, i used shareAs "runtime content" to port it on an IOS app, everything thing works find, but the result of solving the route on the IOS app is different than the desktop,

many solve errors occur on IOS, it gives this error "one or more location couldnt be located "but it works fine ArcMap, i do not know what is causing this to happen, i tried so many things, i looked alot of the internet searching for a reason, but unfortunately i was out of luck

i was wondering if there is a way to find out what is exactly happening

i would really appreciate suggestions that could help

Regards,

Noureddine

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you getting any results, or do all solves fail? I've seen that error when the stops cannot be located on the network (that is to say the network is too far away from the stops). If you're sure the stops are OK (lat/lon the right way around, and spatial reference is correct), then another thought below:

Network models have a number of parameters that determine just how the network model is used and to which you make changes and add your stops. I'm not familiar with ArcMap 10.5 and how it configures those parameters, but one thing to check is whether you're using the default parameters as the basis for your runtime requests.

One thing to try: once you've created your AGSRouteTask, try calling defaultRouteParametersWithCompletion() and then modifying those parameters with your stops and calling solve from that completion block. See this pattern.

Let me know if that helps.

Nick.

0 Kudos