Editing Multi Graphic at the same time using EditGeometry

11-06-2013 12:26 AM
Labels (1)
RamiGhaly1
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm trying to edit More than one Graphic element at the same time using EditGeometrty. I create new EditGeometry object for each Graphic needs to be edited but what happens is that once I call EditGeometryObj.StartEdit(GraphicObj) it cancels the other graphics editing and move the editing focus to the other GraphicObj. Is there any other ways to do that ?

Thanks and Regards,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ThadTilton
Esri Contributor
Hi Rami -
I believe you can only edit one geometry at a time using this technique. If it's a feasible workaround for your workflow, perhaps you could create a multi-part geometry composed of the features you wish to edit. I haven't tested this, but maybe something like this:
--Allow the user to select several graphics of one feature type (polygons, e.g.).
--Use the selected graphics to create a new multi-part geometry (a new Polygon composed of several Rings, e.g.).
--Call EditGeometry::StartEdit and pass in the new geometry.

Of course, managing the resulting edit as individual geometry edits would be the tricky part. Perhaps listening to OnGeometryEdit would allow you to work with individual edits as they are made and apply them to the appropriate feature (?).

Hope that helps, Thad
0 Kudos