runtime SDK for wpf authorizationf file problem

08-10-2011 09:46 AM
Labels (1)
TysonTaylor
New Contributor III
I have downloaded the runtime SDK for wpf.  However Im having problems with getting an authorization file to get it running.

When I go to the customer care portal I don???t see arcgis runtime SDK as an option to authorize what is this product listed as?

There are two I see ArcGIS runtime (advanced)
                                        Arcgis runtime (standard)

Does this product use one of this authorization codes?  How doyou get this product authorized to test.

Thank you,
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MichaelBranscomb
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi,

In Beta 1 there is no SDK license. To license the ArcGIS Runtime itself, while beta testing you should use the Standard license - in Beta 1 there is no functionality which requires the Advanced level but eventually this will be additional Geoprocessing tools.

Just to make sure - here are the steps to license an application:

1. After installing the ArcGIS Runtime SDK, launch the Software Authorization Wizard by going to Start > Programs > ArcGIS > ArcGIS Runtime Tools.
2. Select the default option I have installed my software and need to authorize it.
3. Select Authorize with ESRI now using the Internet.
4. Enter your personal information.
5. Enter your ArcGIS Runtime (SDK or Deployment) authorization number. (ECPxxxxxxxxx). This information is provided to you by Esri Customer Service. If you do not have this information, contact Esri Customer Service.
6. When prompted, save the Keycodes.txt file to a location on disk.
7. Click Finish after the authorization process is complete.
8. The keycodes.txt file has a feature line containing the following information: Product name (runtimebasic, runtimestandard, runtimeadvanced), software version number, Authorization number, timeout date, signature hash code, string and FID number.
9. Open the keycodes.txt. The keycodes.txt file has a feature line containing the following information: Product name (runtimebasic, runtimestandard, runtimeadvanced), software version number, Authorization number, timeout date, signature hash code, string and FID number.
10. Copy the first five elements of the feature line. It should look similar to runtimestandard,101,ecp999999999,DD-mon-YYYY,XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
11. Note: The last 2 parameters in the feature line are not required.
12. Paste this copied string into the licensing section of your application's code. For more information on licensing your application refer to the licensing documentation provided by the specific SDK you are using.

http://resourcesbeta.arcgis.com/en/help/runtime-wpf/help/#/How_to_obtain_a_license_for_your_deployme...

Cheers

Mike
0 Kudos
ArtUllman
New Contributor
I need to add a license string to the WPF application to get rid of the water marks:

LocalServer.SetLicense("License String");

I authorized the Run Time on the Beta Web site and generated a PRVC file.  I double clicked the PRVC file and was able to run the authorization wizard.  I then tried to run Run Time Authorization wizard from Programs / Start.  However, it did not like the license number generated from the web site because it starts with ESU, not ECP.  What I really want to know is where do I get a license string to add to the WPF application SetLicense call?  Do I need to run the Activation Wizard?  If so, where do I get an ECP number?

Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos