Automatically Update Projects not allowing map to scroll

10-04-2012 09:13 AM
DavidGrubman
New Contributor
When I check "have business analyst automatically update map projections", the map document does not allow me to scroll. It jumps the center of the map to where it was previously. If that option is unselected in BA Preferences, it allows me to scroll.

Running ArcMap 10.1/BA 10.1
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
When I check "have business analyst automatically update map projections", the map document does not allow me to scroll. It jumps the center of the map to where it was previously. If that option is unselected in BA Preferences, it allows me to scroll.

Running ArcMap 10.1/BA 10.1

David,

I tested turning that option on and both scrolling with the mouse as well as the side/bottom scroll bars in ArcMap and all are behaving as expected.  Just to rule out any behavior that is mxd specific could you try the same in the default Business Analyst.mxd?

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
PaulBreding
New Contributor III
I just ran into this situation as well. In Preferences -> Misc, I checked the box next to "Automatically update map projection (recommended for earlier versions of Business Analyst)". After that, I could zoom into a map once, but after that if I tried to pan or zoom any more, it would just snap back to the previous view. I thought I was losing my mind. It wasn't until I saw this thread that I remembered I had changed the setting. After I unchecked the box, I am able to pan once again. BTW, this was using the default Business Analyst 2012.mxd.
0 Kudos