Citizen Problem Reporter Email attachments

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
BradCarone
New Contributor II

Our organization uses Citizen Problem Reporter and we have emails set up to respond to residents with the details, solutions, etc. when the work is complete. This is configured with the ServiceSupport.pyt Python toolbox. Everything works as expected.

However, I am wondering if there is a way to send the attachments along with the email??

We do not have our request points public on GIS, so users can't check the status of the request via GIS, they must rely on the email for updates on their request.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BradCarone, it is not a setting in the ServiceSupport.pyt that you can just turn on. However, it is possible to send e-mail attachments via python and you could extend the python scripts to download the attachments from the problem report and add them as an attachment to the e-mail.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@BradCarone, it is not a setting in the ServiceSupport.pyt that you can just turn on. However, it is possible to send e-mail attachments via python and you could extend the python scripts to download the attachments from the problem report and add them as an attachment to the e-mail.

BradCarone
New Contributor II

Hi Chris, thanks for the response. I figured that was the route that I needed to take. I'm no python expert by any means but i took a crack at it. I've modified the servicesupport.py and send_email.py to download the attachments in memory and then send them as attachments with the email(s). (Attached to response)

I've run the tool and did some testing. The email sends but still no attachments. Are there any python experts out there willing to lend a hand and take a look at where I'm going wrong? Thank you! 

0 Kudos