Configure hours of operation in the Election Data Management Solution

Jump to solution
03-25-2022 01:54 PM
SarahHartholt
Occasional Contributor III

Can someone please let me know how to change the arcade expressions in the voting center web map in arcgis online for the Election Data Management Solution? I'm wondering if I need to add an hours attribute to my table and somehow reference it in the app. Any help would be appreciated!

SarahHartholt_0-1648241609779.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi @SarahHartholt ,

The  Election Data Management ArcGIS Pro Projects has a step in the tasks regarding this. I believe the step is called "Format operational days and hours".

This is also documented online for other applications which use the expressions such as School Locator (doc link below). 

Operating Hours Specification:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/configure-school-locator.htm#ESRI_SECTIO...

Overall, the solution uses the "operdays" field in conjunction with a standard operating hours schema to determine when a location is open or closed. 

Hope this helps!

Andy

Andy Shoemaker

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi @SarahHartholt ,

What are you looking to change with regards to the arcade? 

Are you trying to change the display output or Is there an issue you've found with regards to a combination of the settings?

Thanks!
Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

Hi Andy,

It isn't clear to me where I can indicate the hours of operation for each of the voting locations. I add a new attribute to the table (hours) in ArcPro as each location is only open on the early voting date (October 15) & regular voting date (October 24) from 10am-4pm. The attribute displays in ArcGIS Pro but when I look at the layer on ArcGIS Online it doesn't appear, therefore I cannot reference it in the pop-up configuration. 

0 Kudos
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi @SarahHartholt ,

The  Election Data Management ArcGIS Pro Projects has a step in the tasks regarding this. I believe the step is called "Format operational days and hours".

This is also documented online for other applications which use the expressions such as School Locator (doc link below). 

Operating Hours Specification:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-solutions/latest/reference/configure-school-locator.htm#ESRI_SECTIO...

Overall, the solution uses the "operdays" field in conjunction with a standard operating hours schema to determine when a location is open or closed. 

Hope this helps!

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos
SarahHartholt

That's exactly what I was looking for! I see it in the Task list now - I must have skipped over that part when configuring my application for the first time. Unfortunately it won't work for my situation since the polling locations are only open on Saturday Oct. 15 & Monday Oct. 24. If I were to configure the operating hours attribute as specified in the documentation, my poll locations would appear to be open on Monday Oct. 17 and Saturday Oct. 20, which would be incorrect.

As a work around I used one of the other fields (pocname) to store my hours and was able to reference that attribute in the Custom Attribute Display instead.

0 Kudos
DanielWickens
Esri Contributor

Hey @SarahHartholt,

Seems like you've already found a workaround, but also want to share that there's also an earlyvotingdate field as part of the voting locations layer to represent the day in which early voting begins. It's intended to be used with the nextelectdate to show the time period that early voting is available. 

Since there's only one day for early voting, and one actual election date, you could use those two fields in the Custom Attribute Display pop-up, like what you have in the screenshot below. You could then add the hours underneath.

On this note, we're planning to update the Election Outreach solutions next month, with plans to update the voting locations schema to include early voting start and end date, and early voting operational hours. This is based on feedback we've gotten from users that we need to better distinguish the early voting period (some times it ends a few days before Election Day), and that early voting operational hours can be different from the operational hours on Election Day.

Daniel