Consumer Expenditures Base?

08-03-2011 07:23 AM
MatthewColeman
New Contributor II
Is there a base column for sales/expenditures in the Business Analyst. I want to look at them in percentages. Thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Is there a base column for sales/expenditures in the Business Analyst. I want to look at them in percentages. Thanks in advance.

Mathew,

There is a variable in the Business Analyst Premium edition (but not the Standard edition) that contains variable named 2010 Total Expenditures and Retails Goods (X1000_x) that you could use as a base.  If you turn on the Business Analyst Message Center and look to the bottom left of the window there will a section named Software & Data and take a look at 'version'.

Also here is the URL where you can check out the variable lists for both the Standard and Premium versions of Business Analyst 10.

Business Analyst 10.0 Variable List 2010

Regards,
Jason
0 Kudos
MatthewColeman
New Contributor II
Hi Jason,

I found out that I did have the premium ArcGIS analyst. However my question involves the attached link in the above post. The excel sheet lists the fields that appear in the standard version and the premium version. In my copy of ArcGIS I have all of the Categories except for the following: Alcoholic Beverages
Apparel
Dining Out
Education
Entertainment/Recreation
Financial, Food at Home
Health Care
Household Goods
Household Services
Housing
Life Insurance/Pensions/ Miscellaneous Expenses
Personal Care
Total Expenditures and Retail Goods
Transportation (Local)
Travel, Automobiles & Automotive Products
Baby Products
Toys & Games
Clothing & Accessories
Electronics & Internet
Financial & Insurance
Grocery & Alcoholic Beverages
Health & Beauty
Home Improvement
Lawn & Garden
Household Goods
Furniture & Appliances
Media Use: Read, Watch or Listen
Pets & Pet Products
Phones & Yellow Pages
Political Ideology & Activism
Restaurants
Shopping & Ordering
Sports, Leisure & Travel

I thought these categories were available through the premium license. How do I get these categories?

Thanks,
Matt
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you looking at the attribute table of a BDS layer or in a BA tool like Append Data?
0 Kudos
MatthewColeman
New Contributor II
I am looking at an attribute table of a BDS layer.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
The attribute tables are pretty tough to view and find.  Trying going to Analysis wizard and use the Append Data tool as it has a tree view of all the 2000+ variables for the Premium version as well as a filter tool that should make it easy to verify if you are missing variables.  If you confirm that you are missing variables I would advise contacting ESRI Customer Service and requestion a new premium .sdlic data license be emailed to you so you can reinstall the data license.  If that still doesn't help I would log an incident with technical support.
0 Kudos
MatthewColeman
New Contributor II
The attribute tables are pretty tough to view and find.  Trying going to Analysis wizard and use the Append Data tool as it has a tree view of all the 2000+ variables for the Premium version as well as a filter tool that should make it easy to verify if you are missing variables.  If you confirm that you are missing variables I would advise contacting ESRI Customer Service and requestion a new premium .sdlic data license be emailed to you so you can reinstall the data license.  If that still doesn't help I would log an incident with technical support.

That worked. Thank you for your help.
0 Kudos