Error After install Business Analyst 10.1

11-20-2012 02:50 AM
DiegoLlamas
Esri Contributor
Hi!

We have 31 licenses (educational) for ArcInfo 10.1 and we install and authorize Business Analyst 10.1 on the license server. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19420[/ATTACH]. When we click on the business analyst short cut (any of them) [ATTACH=CONFIG]19421[/ATTACH] we receive the "serious application error"[ATTACH=CONFIG]19422[/ATTACH].  After installation we try to open ArcMap, the one installed on the server license computer and we got the same error "Serious application error"[ATTACH=CONFIG]19423[/ATTACH]. the other computers where we haven't install BA yet, ArcMap opens just fine!

Anyone could help me?

Regards,

Diego Llamas
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Hi!

We have 31 licenses (educational) for ArcInfo 10.1 and we install and authorize Business Analyst 10.1 on the license server. [ATTACH=CONFIG]19420[/ATTACH]. When we click on the business analyst short cut (any of them) [ATTACH=CONFIG]19421[/ATTACH] we receive the "serious application error"[ATTACH=CONFIG]19422[/ATTACH].  After installation we try to open ArcMap, the one installed on the server license computer and we got the same error "Serious application error"[ATTACH=CONFIG]19423[/ATTACH]. the other computers where we haven't install BA yet, ArcMap opens just fine!

Anyone could help me?

Regards,

Diego Llamas

Diego,

Try opening just ArcMap and then File>Open and browse to C:\ArcGIS\Business Analyst\US\Data and try opening the Business Analyst.mxd and another time the Business Analyst Web.mxd.  Let me know if you receive the same crash behavior.

If you haven't already I would also see if renaming your normal.mxt changes the behavior (C:\Users\<your login>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.1\ArcMap\Templates

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos