hosted feature service view domain

Jump to solution
09-22-2020 11:17 AM
RossFindlay
New Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to update a domain within a hosted feature view for the Citizen Reporter Solution. I want to remove a value from the domain, and add a new one for Problem Type. When I go to the field details for that field the list is not editable. So I try the back door and update the definition through REST. But after updating the definition, and the LastEdit Date I save and I get an error about the DefinitionQuery attribute being invalid. I check the bugs and BUG-000114175 states all is as designed. So how can I modify my view?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RossFindlay
New Contributor III

Found this thread. looks like I needed to delete the DefinitionQuery attribute from the JSON save and then reapply the Query. While it worked, I am not happy about having to go through the back door and break the layer before I can fix it. .

Thanks to John Marino for answering in the post below.

How to use the Update Definition operation on a hosted layer view in AGOL 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RossFindlay
New Contributor III

Found this thread. looks like I needed to delete the DefinitionQuery attribute from the JSON save and then reapply the Query. While it worked, I am not happy about having to go through the back door and break the layer before I can fix it. .

Thanks to John Marino for answering in the post below.

How to use the Update Definition operation on a hosted layer view in AGOL 

HeatherEisan
Esri Contributor

Hi Ross,

I would recommend taking a look at the Configure Citizen Problem Reporter topic to see how to add problem category.

0 Kudos