Integrate tool

06-18-2013 04:24 AM
QinLi
by
New Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25330[/ATTACH]
I tried to do the integration before hot spot analysis.
However this general error was persistent. the "sheet$1 events" layer is the imported xy coordinate from Excel.
The "ExportRE" is the shape file of the xy coordinate.
I used this shape file as the input in integrate.
Can anyone help me point out the problem?
Many thanks!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25330[/ATTACH]
I tried to do the integration before hot spot analysis.
However this general error was persistent. the "sheet$1 events" layer is the imported xy coordinate from Excel.
The "ExportRE" is the shape file of the xy coordinate.
I used this shape file as the input in integrate.
Can anyone help me point out the problem?
Many thanks!

Qin Lin,

I would suggest by passing the Excel table format.  Try a test that consists of adding the Excel table to ArcMap with Add Data and then opening the table and selecting to export the table in dbase format (errors on import/export points towards a compatibility issue with the Excel file).  Then try using this dbase version and see if it gives you any trouble.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
QinLi
by
New Contributor
Qin Lin,

I would suggest by passing the Excel table format.  Try a test that consists of adding the Excel table to ArcMap with Add Data and then opening the table and selecting to export the table in dbase format (errors on import/export points towards a compatibility issue with the Excel file).  Then try using this dbase version and see if it gives you any trouble.

Regards,
Jason R.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25357[/ATTACH]
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your advice! I tried to export a .dbf and it seemed to work, but I don't understand this flat minimum bounding rectangle problem...

Qin
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25357[/ATTACH]
Hi Jason,

Thanks for your advice! I tried to export a .dbf and it seemed to work, but I don't understand this flat minimum bounding rectangle problem...

Qin

Qin,

Looks like you are receiving a topology error.  I checked internally on that error message but found nothing specific.  You might want to check out the below link about resolving topology errors that might help.

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.1/index.html#//01mm0000000z000000

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos