Love ArcGIS Solutions and have a few questions on dashboards

Jump to solution
02-13-2024 09:08 AM
TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

I just recently got into ArcGIS Solutions and love all of them. Great job!  I am currently working on the Capital Projects Tracking and I had to change some symbology and I lost the pop ups for the dashboard.  i don't want to redeploy as I would lose my data but I want to get the pop up for the project back.  I guess I could rename the folder and redeploy but was hoping there was an easier way.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@TimothyKing2, glad to hear you are enjoying ArcGIS Solutions. This issue you are seeing is because this pop-up was originally designed in the Classic Map Viewer (before the new Map Viewer existed). Now when editing in the new map viewer that are changes being made to the html that is breaking the pop-up.

Below is some updated html that will work in the new Map Viewer. Copy the html below and when you edit the Text element in the pop-up click the Source button to view the HTML source. Paste the html below, click the source button and then click OK.

<div style="max-width: 750px; padding: 0px 4px">
<font size="5" style="color:#1987bb;">{projname}</font>
<p><b>Project ID:</b> {projid}</p>
<table style="margin:8px -6px;border-collapse: separate;border-spacing: 6px 4px;table-layout: fixed;width:initial;">
	<tbody>
		<tr style="height:26px">
			<td style="display:{expression/expr6}; background-color:#00734c; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">On Budget</td>
            <td style="display:{expression/expr7}; background-color:#a80000; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">Over Budget</td>
            <td style="display:{expression/expr8}; background-color:#00734c; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">On Schedule</td>
            <td style="display:{expression/expr9}; background-color:#a80000; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">Behind Schedule</td>			
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>

<p><b>Description</b><br />{projdesc}</p>
<div style="display:table; width:100%; text-align: center; font-weight: normal; margin:8px 0px; border-collapse: separate;border-spacing: 0px 8px;table-layout: fixed">
	<div style="display:table-row;">
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Fiscal Year</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{fiscalyr}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Funding Source</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{fundsource}</font></div>
	</div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Estimated Cost</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">${estcost}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Actual Cost</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{expression/expr10}</font></div>
	</div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Estimated Start Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{planstart}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Actual Start Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{expression/expr11}</font></div>
	</div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Estimated End Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{planend}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Actual End Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{expression/expr12}</font></div>
	</div>
</div>

<b>Phase</b>
<div style="min-width: 365px; display:table; margin:8px -6px; border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 6px 4px; width: 100%; table-layout: fixed;">
	<div style="display:table-row;text-align:center;" height="16">
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr2};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr3};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr4};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr5};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
	</div>
	<div style="display:table-row;text-align:center;font-weight:normal;" height="24">
		<div style="display:table-cell;padding-left:0px;width:25%;">
			PreDesign
		</div>
			Design
		</div>
			Construction
		</div>
			Closeout
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

<p><b>Status</b><br />{status}</p>

<p><b>Contact</b><br />{pocname}<br />{pocphone}<br /><a href="mailto:{pocemail}" rel="nofollow ugc">{pocemail}</a></p>
</div>

You will also need to update some of the attribute expressions. To do this in the Popup panel click attribute expressions in the pop-up panel and then click the Pre-Design expression. You will want to edit the expression and remove the two 'background-color:' references. So it will initially look like:

if ($feature.projphase == 'PreDesign') {
        return 'background-color:#1987bb'
    }
return 'background-color:#DDDDDD'

And you want it to look like:

return '#1987bb'
    }
return '#DDDDDD'

Repeat this for the Design, Construction, and Closeout expressions. This should get the pop-up back to what it was originally in the solution and be compatible with the new Map Viewer.

View solution in original post

TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

Chris,

Thanks so much for the help. I got everything in and after I changed my attribute expressions to match everything worked out really well.  As I mentioned I really love Solutions. I recently became a Village Trustee and I am volunteering my time to create a GIS for our small Village in SE New Mexico and the solutions are an amazing tool to get everything implemented very quickly.  I also love how they take advantage of all the ESRI Products.  I will probably have more questions moving forward but thanks again for your help!  I really appreciate it!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisFox
Esri Regular Contributor

@TimothyKing2, glad to hear you are enjoying ArcGIS Solutions. This issue you are seeing is because this pop-up was originally designed in the Classic Map Viewer (before the new Map Viewer existed). Now when editing in the new map viewer that are changes being made to the html that is breaking the pop-up.

Below is some updated html that will work in the new Map Viewer. Copy the html below and when you edit the Text element in the pop-up click the Source button to view the HTML source. Paste the html below, click the source button and then click OK.

<div style="max-width: 750px; padding: 0px 4px">
<font size="5" style="color:#1987bb;">{projname}</font>
<p><b>Project ID:</b> {projid}</p>
<table style="margin:8px -6px;border-collapse: separate;border-spacing: 6px 4px;table-layout: fixed;width:initial;">
	<tbody>
		<tr style="height:26px">
			<td style="display:{expression/expr6}; background-color:#00734c; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">On Budget</td>
            <td style="display:{expression/expr7}; background-color:#a80000; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">Over Budget</td>
            <td style="display:{expression/expr8}; background-color:#00734c; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">On Schedule</td>
            <td style="display:{expression/expr9}; background-color:#a80000; color:#ffffff; min-width:0%; max-width:100%; width:initial; text-align:left; vertical-align: middle; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px 6px;">Behind Schedule</td>			
		</tr>
	</tbody>
</table>

<p><b>Description</b><br />{projdesc}</p>
<div style="display:table; width:100%; text-align: center; font-weight: normal; margin:8px 0px; border-collapse: separate;border-spacing: 0px 8px;table-layout: fixed">
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Fiscal Year</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{fiscalyr}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Funding Source</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{fundsource}</font></div>
	</div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Estimated Cost</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">${estcost}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Actual Cost</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{expression/expr10}</font></div>
	</div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Estimated Start Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{planstart}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Actual Start Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{expression/expr11}</font></div>
	</div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Estimated End Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{planend}</font></div>
		<div style="display:table-cell; width: 50%;"><font size="3">Actual End Date</font><br /><font size="4" style="color:#1987bb;">{expression/expr12}</font></div>
	</div>
</div>

<b>Phase</b>
<div style="min-width: 365px; display:table; margin:8px -6px; border-collapse: separate; border-spacing: 6px 4px; width: 100%; table-layout: fixed;">
	<div style="display:table-row;text-align:center;" height="16">
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr2};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr3};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr4};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
		<div style="background-color:{expression/expr5};display:table-cell;width:25%;"></div>
	</div>
	<div style="display:table-row;text-align:center;font-weight:normal;" height="24">
			PreDesign
		</div>
			Design
		</div>
			Construction
		</div>
			Closeout
		</div>
	</div>
</div>

<p><b>Status</b><br />{status}</p>

<p><b>Contact</b><br />{pocname}<br />{pocphone}<br /><a href="mailto:{pocemail}" rel="nofollow ugc">{pocemail}</a></p>
</div>

You will also need to update some of the attribute expressions. To do this in the Popup panel click attribute expressions in the pop-up panel and then click the Pre-Design expression. You will want to edit the expression and remove the two 'background-color:' references. So it will initially look like:

return 'background-color:#1987bb'
    }
return 'background-color:#DDDDDD'

And you want it to look like:

return '#1987bb'
    }
return '#DDDDDD'

Repeat this for the Design, Construction, and Closeout expressions. This should get the pop-up back to what it was originally in the solution and be compatible with the new Map Viewer.

TimothyKing2
New Contributor III

Chris,

Thanks so much for the help. I got everything in and after I changed my attribute expressions to match everything worked out really well.  As I mentioned I really love Solutions. I recently became a Village Trustee and I am volunteering my time to create a GIS for our small Village in SE New Mexico and the solutions are an amazing tool to get everything implemented very quickly.  I also love how they take advantage of all the ESRI Products.  I will probably have more questions moving forward but thanks again for your help!  I really appreciate it!

0 Kudos