My Trash Services - Week # of month for pickup

Jump to solution
05-26-2021 10:15 AM
TylerHomrich1
New Contributor

My city currently picks up large heavy items on a schedule of (Area A = 1st Monday of the Month, Area B = 2nd Monday of the Month, Area C = 3rd Monday of the Month, Area D = 4th Monday of the Month).  

Our Recycling program is also done monthly but the schedule is different.  They are on the same day of the week as our weekly trash pickup but only 1 week during the month.  It is either Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, or Week4 (Week 1 of the month is the determined by the first week with a Monday)

I see that the data fields in the My Trash Solution have fields for Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, & Week 4, but they are not used in the solution to determine the next pickup day for areas that utilize these fields.  I would imagine these fields were created to for schedules like one of the examples above.

Does anyone know of a way to incorporate these type of schedules, or will this be incorporated in the next update to this solution (which is in the Mid-Term Section on your latest roadmap).

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler, 

The current version of My Trash Services does not make use of these fields. From your workflow, however it sounds like these are the perfect place to store your info, and something we will certainly consider for the next version of this solution. 

Since the fields aren't actively used, you can put in any data you want. The easiest way to then display when large item pick up occur in the pop up would be to use a modified version of the project phase arcade expressions (link below).  This display could just highlight what week  of the month each zone has for pick up. 

https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/popup/project-phase.md 

Andy

Andy Shoemaker

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndyShoemaker
Esri Contributor

Hi Tyler, 

The current version of My Trash Services does not make use of these fields. From your workflow, however it sounds like these are the perfect place to store your info, and something we will certainly consider for the next version of this solution. 

Since the fields aren't actively used, you can put in any data you want. The easiest way to then display when large item pick up occur in the pop up would be to use a modified version of the project phase arcade expressions (link below).  This display could just highlight what week  of the month each zone has for pick up. 

https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/popup/project-phase.md 

Andy

Andy Shoemaker
0 Kudos