Question about new Data Update as far as Employee data

06-29-2012 02:04 PM
AndrewRowlands
New Contributor
Is there any good reason why the data update did not include the Total Employees data? Even if they couldn't update it, why didn't they just carry over the old Employee data?

I've gone back and forth between the new Business Analyst and the old one trying to pull all of the employee data I need, and it's been a real issue and nuisance to continually install and un-install things. Any solution out there?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Is there any good reason why the data update did not include the Total Employees data? Even if they couldn't update it, why didn't they just carry over the old Employee data?

I've gone back and forth between the new Business Analyst and the old one trying to pull all of the employee data I need, and it's been a real issue and nuisance to continually install and un-install things. Any solution out there?

Andrew,

I am not sure why it was not included in the 2011 data update but apparent there will be a Business Summary add-in that will be made available.  EDIT: I was told that apparently the data was not available by the time BA10 2011 data update went to manufacturing.

One additional work around is to use the Online Data option in Business Analyst Preferences>Online tab and use the 2011 total employees from the web (BAO).

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos