Cost Distance Problem in Model Builder

07-15-2022 12:54 AM
AqillaKhairaniShafira
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have a problem while executing the cost distance tools in model builder. I attached the error in the picture below. It can proceed to the next step, but the result is far from right. The result value is not what we expected it to be. We try to make a Tsunami Inundation model.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help with this issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AqillaKhairaniShafira
New Contributor

@RobertScheitlin__GISP Dear Mr. Robert, sorry to directly hit you up like this. I saw your older comment about cost distance and water cells too. Do you mind helping us solve this problem, please?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Aqilla:

The warning messages indicate that some source cells (the cells from which you start measuring accumulative cost) are not being considered because they are located on NODATA cost cells.

This isn't necessarily a problem, but you should investigate further. Can you provide screenshots of your input datasets and the parameters used for the gp tool?

By the way, if you are using a recent version of arcgis pro, i recommend switching to the Distance Accumulation tool. It has an improved algorithm which, in particular, can make a difference when routing shortest paths around barriers (groups of NODATA cells).

Jim TenBrink

spatial analyst team

0 Kudos