Select to view content in your preferred language

fuzzy membership functions

06-27-2014 05:57 AM
JohannaTorppa
New Contributor
Where can I find the explicit functions that define the fuzzy membership? If this information is not available in the web pages, who should I contact to ask for this info? There is no reference for that on Arc's fuzzy webpages.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
ESRI normally doesn't supply their reference sources.  Your only chance would be to contact tech support and get to put you in touch with someone on the SA development team
0 Kudos
JohannaTorppa
New Contributor
Ok, I'll contact tech support. However, I think that the functions should be available, for the user to know what he's doing. Now its only trial and error to get something that looks fine....
0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
Ok, I'll contact tech support. However, I think that the functions should be available, for the user to know what he's doing. Now its only trial and error to get something that looks fine....

I totally agree -- but to be fair, you aren't really left adrift to guess on this one. There is a help page that provides quite a bit of detail on how the tool works.

How Fuzzy membership Works

However, many other pages do provide literature references.

How Flow Direction Works

How Topo To Raster Works

I highly recommend using the feedback link in the online docs so they know you are looking for the information. In my experience many of my feedback messages go directly to the article author and result in improvements!
0 Kudos