How export Higher Dynamic Range Tiffs from ArcMap ?

07-07-2015 05:57 AM
andreamilan
New Contributor

Hello everyone,I would like to export the Hillshade from Arcmap maintaining the largest range of grayscale values and detail to have more flexibility in Photoshop. I found a video tutorial that explains how to do this,of which I put below link , but i don't understand why i get different results.

I should export four raster , they are calculated from a DTM base5 Tiff 32 float , they will serve me for a topographic map to 25000 in photoshop (130x170cm 600 or 1200dpi ,I don't know yet ,this is the mo first project  and I will make the proofs ).

The raster in the Table of Content of Arcmap that I have tried to export are the following:

1. MDOW Hillshade Model ( calculated with Hillshade Tools 3.3)
  2. Aerial_Perspective (calculated with Hillshade Tools 3.3)
  3. Filtered_Hillshade (calculated with Hillshade Tools 3.3)
  4. HillSha_dtm ( calculated with Hillshade(spatial Analyst Tool)

I tried with two export method.

First method: File ==> Export Map,

I can export it to the resolution that I want, but using this method I can not export to a depth greater than 8 bits .

Second method: directly in Table Ff Contents , right-click on that I want to export raster ==> data ==> export data, and I choose tif without putting the check on render. But even then I do not have the option of choosing 16 bit because in my case this hillshade are all 8-bit originally :

"MDOW Hillshade Model" in 8-bit ",

" Filtered_Hshd_Clip "8-bit and HillSha_dtm is 8-bit ,

"HillSha_dtm" is 8 bit,

only" Aerial_Persp_Clip "is 16 bits.

Also I have another  problem with this second method : all tiff exported are in 72dpi resolution (3700x5500) insufficient ,I assume, for printing 130x170 cm map.

Of course all these rastere arise from the same DTM 32bit float . As in the video hillshade is actually 16 bit, I imagine that this is possible but I do not know how.

Thanks,

Andre

video tutorial that I have found;

0 Kudos
0 Replies