Licence Error After Deauthorization

11-12-2013 10:51 AM
JensenConnor
New Contributor
I just deauthorized my Arc license as I was moving to my new computer. I have installed arc on the new computer and gone through the authorization process which was "successful", however when I try to open any arc application I get a license error saying the program is not authorized. If I look in the Availability folder of ArcGIS Administrator I see that is is not authorized but when I go through the authorization process it says the license has already been successfully licensed to the machine. As a side note my Spatial Analyst extension does appear as Authorized in Administrator. Is there a wait time between deauthorizing and authorizing my license? What else could be causing this? I have tried rebooting multiple times as well as trying to send in my authorization.txt through arcGIS portal but this also returns an error not allowing me to upload the file. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Windows 7 OS, ArcGIS 10.2

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Jensen,

Verify in ArcGIS Administrator --> Desktop panel that you have checked the correct ArcGIS for Desktop product that you have licensed, e.g. that the radio button for Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use is checked if you've in fact authorized an ArcGIS Advanced Single Use seat.  Check that against what your licensing email(s) or the Customer Care Portal says.

Stuart
0 Kudos
JensenConnor
New Contributor
Stuart,

Thanks for your response. I have made sure that I have the correct radio button selected and still have the same results. I have a single use (Basic) license. I have attached some screen shots of what I described in my first post.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos