Natural Neighbor not followed the specific analysis boundary

10-08-2013 08:24 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: chyang0107

Hi all,

I have a question with the visualization of the raster surface by using Natural Neighbor (Spatial Analyst). I set the Mask option with the specific polygon file in the Raster Analysis within Environment Settings. However, the resulting raster surface did not follow the boundary of the specific polygon file. Raster surfaces interpolated by using IDW and Kriging all follow the boundary of the specific polygon boundary. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,
Hank
0 Kudos
4 Replies
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
See tool help for a list of Environments that are supported.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the quick updating. I followed your instruction and found Natural neighbor does not support the Mask but the           Snap Raster and Extent. Attached file shows that I have set the extent same as layer BoundaryRaster and specified the                  Boundary Raster in Snap Raster  However, the resulting raster still does not follow the boundary specified by the Boundary Raster. Please let me know if you have any idea.

Thanks,
Hank
0 Kudos
SteveLynch
Esri Regular Contributor
Hank

The first usage tip will tell you that Natural Neighbor interpolation cannot be used to extrapolate outside the convex hull.

Steve
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steve,

I have figured out the question. I use the tool "Extract by Mask"(Spatial Analyst) to extract the raster that correspond to the area I want.

Thanks,
Hank
0 Kudos