Point Solar Radiation tool, hourly output for entire year

01-15-2020 10:32 AM
Patrick_Anderson
New Contributor

I seek  to use the Point Solar Radiation tool on a DSM, but the tool parameters are limiting. I would like hourly solar radiation outputs (w/m2) for an entire year as one table: 1x 8760 values. The tool seems to lack flexibility in temporal resolution, and only allows monthly sums for an entire year (output of 12-24 values), or hourly values for a given day (output of 9-15 values, depending on daylight duration of specific day). I wish to analyze the hourly values for an entire year.

I failed attempts at automating with batch process, model builder, and python scripting. I have attached my chicken scratch attempts at scripting, if you want to peruse them.

In model builder, I used a FOR iterator on the Point solar tool, but the desired parameter time_configure wasn’t an option to iterate.( I used iteration values 1-365, intervals of 1 and linked it to a functioning PSR tool with the correct inputs. )

The slow way is to run the tool by hand with parameters:

• TimeWithinDay({day},{startTime},{endTime})
  • TimeWithinDay({1},{0},{24})
  • TimeWithinDay({2},{0},{24})
  • TimeWithinDay({3},{0},{24})
  • ….
  • TimeWithinDay({365},{0},{24})

I would also like to append the outputs somehow to consolidate into a single table. (1x8760 table ). 

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, 

Patrick

0 Kudos
1 Reply
VikasPingle
New Contributor

Hi Patric, any leads on this, I am also looking for similar outputs to generate ie 8760 values.  

0 Kudos