Point Solar Radiation

Jump to solution
03-23-2022 03:09 PM
snowrad
New Contributor

Hi, I am new to the solar radiation toolbox and fairly new to GIS. I am trying to run the point solar radiation tool, but keep receiving 2 errors: 010327: Unable to set analysis window and 010067: Error in executing grid expression. I have my points and DEM raster mapped/projected in the same coordinate space and my points are within the raster. I tried multiple days with a lower (default) sky size and a single day with a higher sky size (2800) and still get the same errors. Any advice help would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanDeBruyn
Esri Contributor

That is an odd error message.   Can you verify your environment workspace or scratchWorkspace is set to a valid file directory or geodatabase

Are you able verify if this tool works with any other data?  What about area solar radiation with the input DEM?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RyanDeBruyn
Esri Contributor

@snowrad 

what version you are using?

How large is the area you are trying to calculate?  If it is a large area can you test a smaller one? For example  clip out an area or you can an environment extent to a smaller (test) area?  IE: Zoom in to an area where you have points and set the environment extent = "same as display".  

Are you able to .zip and share your data ?

0 Kudos
snowrad
New Contributor

I am using ArcMap 10.7.1. Attached is are the points and the clipped DEM. 

0 Kudos
RyanDeBruyn
Esri Contributor

Thank you.  The inputs you sent ran with recent version of ArcGIS Pro 2.9.2 without issue.  

However, I noticed you are using input table (x,y) for the locations.  I don't have a 10.7.1 readily available to but can try with the latest ArcGIS 10.8.2 current release of ArcMap to verify.

Perhaps you can convert the table to an input feature class instead.  You should be able to create features using the make-xy-event-layer tool using the spatial reference of your input DEM.

Note:

let me know if the feature input work for you...

snowrad
New Contributor

I converted the table into an input feature and it still failed, but with different errors. 

I very much appreciate your help. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RyanDeBruyn
Esri Contributor

That is an odd error message.   Can you verify your environment workspace or scratchWorkspace is set to a valid file directory or geodatabase

Are you able verify if this tool works with any other data?  What about area solar radiation with the input DEM?

0 Kudos
snowrad
New Contributor

Yes, I previously ran the area solar radiation with the same DEM.

I fixed my file directory and it worked. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Kudos
brusselsboy
New Contributor

Hi snoward,

I tried to run the Area Solar Radiation tool and got the same errors:

ERROR 010327: Unable to set analysis window.
ERROR 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
Failed to execute (AreaSolarRadiation).

Could you please let me know how you solve the issue exactly?Screenshot 2024-01-18 124119.png

0 Kudos