Raster Catalog

Jump to solution
02-17-2015 03:16 AM
JodieParkes1
New Contributor III

Hello,

I currently have a number of raster catalogs that I want to clip and export as TIFF files however everything I seem to try leads to '(Not responding)'.

So far, I have tried 'mosaic raster catalog...' and the 'Export data...' both of which seem to work for a while and then my document crashes.

Any tips/suggestions?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Since you found the source images, I would recommend creating a mosaic dataset.  You can then apply a clip function to the mosaic dataset to get your end result.  Optionally, you can export this to another raster format.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jodie,

Try running the process with the background processing disabled.

Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing Options > Background Geoprocessing (Uncheck Enable) > OK

Let me know the status of the issue.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
JodieParkes1
New Contributor III

Hi Jay,

Nope still not responding. Do you know of any way I can clip a raster catalog?

Thanks,

Jodie

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Hi Jodie,

Is the Raster Catalog managed or unmanaged?  If you right-click on the raster catalog in the Catalog window > Properties > Fields tab > select the Raster field.  It will then state whether it's managed (YES) or unmanaged (NO).  Ex:

screen1.png

0 Kudos
JodieParkes1
New Contributor III

HI Jake,

There's actually no mention of if the raster catalog is managed (see below). Is this the issue?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

You will need to click on the Raster field (3rd from the bottom) within this window.

0 Kudos
JodieParkes1
New Contributor III

Got it - yes it is managed by GDB...

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Try the following:

1.  Add the raster catalog to ArcMap

2.  Open the attribute table and select one of the rasters

3.  Right-click on the raster catalog > Data > Mosaic Raster Catalog

4.  Check 'Use selected rasters' at the top and right the raster to a TIFF file

screen1.png

Does the application still crash?

JodieParkes1
New Contributor III

Hi Jake, sorry for the delay.

I've just given your suggestion a whirl and still no joy!

I'm not sure how to move forward on this one. I have now found the source of the images that make up the raster catalog and when I have added them in (TIFF format) I cannot merge and clip them either! This box comes up each time...

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Since you found the source images, I would recommend creating a mosaic dataset.  You can then apply a clip function to the mosaic dataset to get your end result.  Optionally, you can export this to another raster format.

0 Kudos