results of Raster to Polygon showing entire Euclidean Distance query when it shouldnt be

07-23-2016 04:31 PM
StephenJordan2
New Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm using Raster to Polygon to create a shape file I can use with Google Earth Pro, before my ArcGIS trial period runs out. So I've created a few layers and added them together allowing me to narrow down my site selection areas i.e. Slope, Elevation, Aspect etc. I did a Euclidian Distance Calculation to determine maximum distance from a river, Any Euclidean Distance that wasn't part of the other layers was eliminated, so it all worked. but when I run the Raster to Polygon tool it works but it shows the entire Euclidean distance layer as well...? I've specified VALUE and COUNT but still no difference.

Raster

Raster.JPG

Polygon

polygon.JPG

any ideas on what the problem could be?

thanks in advance

Stephen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

how many classes in the raster table? or in your polygon output? One of them is what you want, select it and export it to a separate featureclass or shapefile

StephenJordan2
New Contributor

got it! thanks again Dan, I went into the table and found the Euclidean row and managed to delete it thru a couple of steps and using extract by attribute again.

0 Kudos