Viewshed calculation consistently failing

10-24-2023 10:43 AM
PetaFray
New Contributor

I have run a range of viewshed calculations using a standard DEM and different shape files.  These have worked, however on the latest one I have tried for the last week and I get the following error.

If anyone has any clue as to how to fix this I would be grateful.Screenshot 2023-10-24 184228.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Work with files saved to a local, simple folder  (eg c:\viewshed_study) and avoid One Drive storage and processing with Pro

Addendum

From the installation guidelines

Cloud storage services, such as Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive, are not supported unless stated otherwise in the documentation about specific tools and functionality.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
PetaFray
New Contributor

Thanks for the feedback.  I moved the files to the C drive and re ran the program and exactly the same thing happened.  Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Which leaves the null geometry point.  Are the inputs are in a file geodatabase now? or did you just copy the files to the local drive?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
PetaFray
New Contributor

PetaFray_0-1698427111352.png

I just copied across and it failed.  SO next I built a file Geodatabase and exactly the same result.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Tech Support will probably have better luck getting the information that is needed to get this solved

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos