weighted sums

11-20-2012 03:44 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: crood_oyl

hello. I have tried doing a weighted sums with data that i have but the output only appears within a specific band rather than over the entire map.... I have attached some screenshots.

I have reclassified most of the data with 10 being the desirable areas down to 1. and then areas that i do not want i have reclassified as nodata but this reclassifying to nodata does not change anything. i tested it. changing it to 0 instead and the output is still only within this band rather than over the whole map....

also i am starting to wonder whether or not i should use euclidean distance and then reclassify or instead use multiple buffer rings???

Also when i use identify in the areas outside this band it does not even recognise the raster being there.... help...xx
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: crood_oyl

hello. I have tried doing a weighted sums with data that i have but the output only appears within a specific band rather than over the entire map.... I have attached some screenshots.

I have reclassified most of the data with 10 being the desirable areas down to 1. and then areas that i do not want i have reclassified as nodata but this reclassifying to nodata does not change anything. i tested it. changing it to 0 instead and the output is still only within this band rather than over the whole map....

also i am starting to wonder whether or not i should use euclidean distance and then reclassify or instead use multiple buffer rings???

Also when i use identify in the areas outside this band it does not even recognise the raster being there.... help...xx

SO i have discovered it is actually the euclidean distance tool that is doing this clipping.... does anybody know how to stop it from doing this??
0 Kudos
CroodOyl
New Contributor
SO i have discovered it is actually the euclidean distance tool that is doing this clipping.... does anybody know how to stop it from doing this??

the bounding envelope is this area that it is clipped within.... does anybody know how to extend the bounding envelope??
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: bsriramak

Use the environment settings of that particular tool and define the correct extents.Regards
0 Kudos