Creating a section heading that links externally

Jump to solution
03-18-2024 10:48 AM
K_Jueckstock
New Contributor III

a9405bd1-c5bc-40b3-a3b6-8f9953c8cbad.jpg

Hey everyone! I need to add a heading to this list, but I want it to link externally, not to something in the story map.

So far I can see that if I create a heading, it will add a section to the header at the top, but I can't make that heading a link. I know I can make a button that would do this, but the client I'm working with specifically wants it in this header strip. 

Any ideas?

Thanks! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@K_Jueckstock - In StoryMaps, that navigation bar is intended only to link within the story.

If your client needs a navbar that links to other locations on the web, you might need a tool that is more of a website builder such as ArcGIS Hub or Experience Builder. I believe those tools may offer this ability.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@K_Jueckstock - In StoryMaps, that navigation bar is intended only to link within the story.

If your client needs a navbar that links to other locations on the web, you might need a tool that is more of a website builder such as ArcGIS Hub or Experience Builder. I believe those tools may offer this ability.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
K_Jueckstock
New Contributor III

Awww ok. That was my sneaking suspicion. Thanks for confirming so I won't spend more time on it. I will probably add a button at the bottom then. They really love the story map format, and I know I could embed it into an experience builder but that seems like a lot of work for one navbar link. 

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!! 

0 Kudos