Looking for app builder tip for multiple storymaps

03-04-2024 06:46 AM
MatthewBane
New Contributor

Hi, I am looking for recommendations - We are creating a number of storymaps and would like to have a way to tie them together as a launchpad from a native phone app (as opposed to browser link). Our goal is to have someone download a single app to their phone that when opened would essentially act as a menu to storymaps and perhaps other web links that would open the web pages for those web apps. Experience Builder seems like it may be the best bet, but I am not sure. Any tips are appreciated!

3 Replies
K_Jueckstock
New Contributor III

Ooh, I'm not sure what the solution is but I'm commenting to stay tuned...this is a great question

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@MatthewBane -- Can you say more about your requirement that the launching pad be a native app?

You can already create a collection and use that as a launching point for stories, ArcGIS content, or other links, and collections have a pretty good mobile experience.

Here are some collections you can view on your phone to see how they look/work on mobile devices:

If you think this might work, here's an article to help you learn more about collections:
Start your first ArcGIS StoryMaps collection (esri.com)

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
MatthewBane
New Contributor

@OwenGeoHey Owen, thanks, I understand the collection concept and appreciate your response highlighting the capability. For our use case, what we'd prefer is to have a downloadable app on the phone in addition to a web link so users have choice of launching platform. I've been poking around on this and am investigating a no-code app maker: https://www.andromo.com/ which is robust and would allow us to launch web links from a native app to our StoryMaps. A little more background on the why - we are transitioning from another tour app that includes native apps to StoryMaps, and the downloads we have with those native systems are very high - we are transitioning about 36 stories from the other platform. We want to have the flexibility of the web app, but also keep the concept of a downloadable tour app.