Public shared story map asks to sign in

03-19-2024 04:01 PM
Labels (1)
NikhilLalwani
New Contributor

Hi , 

I have a story map available here :
https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/65566e6ac1c54aa18f16e5a1ce3e06e6  

All content is marked public and I want to share it with non ArcGIS subscribers. 

When I change the story maps permissions I get the following error :NikhilLalwani_0-1710888840955.png

On sharing the story map as viewers scroll down through it , at 2 of the visualizations they see 

NikhilLalwani_1-1710888910249.png

This only happens if users are not logged into their ArcGIS accounts . This is happening at a point where we uploaded few images.

The story map was working fine till ESRI did some updates to the story maps and that's when the errors started.

Thanks in advance for looking at this issue.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

@NikhilLalwani -- I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue with your StoryMap. Were you changing the sharing from the Sharing settings option or were you republishing? I was going to suggest that you unpublish and republish the story to see if that addresses the issue.

If that doesn't work, we do have a fix coming for an issue with subscription/premium content layers in an update tomorrow evening. If the steps above don't work now, please try them again Thurs morning and let us know if you are still seeing the issue.

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
NikhilLalwani
New Contributor

Yes, I tried to unpublish / republish and make it private/public multiple times but it still did not fix the issue. Hopefully the Thursday fix will work. 

0 Kudos
NikhilLalwani
New Contributor

Hi Owen,

This issue with permissions is still there. It did not get fixed on Thursday.

0 Kudos