Wanting to filter/query a data-driven map tour from a feature service

03-27-2024 12:24 PM
Labels (1)
cmccallmaf
New Contributor

On Enterprise 11.2, I am trying to create a guided map tour from a feature service, but the feature service has too many features (far over 200). In reality, we want to only display about 50 of the features from the service on any given map tour, but we are struggling to filter the data.

Is there a way to select a subset of all the features based on one of the fields in the service? Each of the subsets are roughly 50 features and should be displayed in separate map tours (in separate storymaps), but we have a requirement to not create separate feature services for each subset of data. 

In summary, can one feature service be filtered into subsets to create many different guided tours for different story maps.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @cmccallmaf ,

I would recommend creating feature layer views. This allows you to split up your service into smaller chunks by viewing a certain filtered portion of the feature layer at a time. That way, you can line up multiple map tours and use a different feature layer view in each tour. 

Here's some information on how to create a feature layer view: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/create-hosted-views.htm

Let me know if you have further questions on how to execute this!

--Abby

0 Kudos
cmccallmaf
New Contributor

Hi @AbbyE_Esri ,

Is it possible to create feature layer views with non-hosted data? The data that we are adding to the map tour is not hosted, but this sounds like the perfect solution.

Thanks, 

Cole

0 Kudos