Creating an O-D Matrix With Routing Info for Emergency Vehicles using StreetMap Premium

09-13-2023 02:06 PM
WilliamJones3
New Contributor

Hi,

I am involved in a project where I want to examine routing patterns for emergency vehicles. In this process, I not only want to route the estimated travel time and distance for EMS events that actually occurred, but I also want to route times and distances to alternative hospitals. Hence, I would like to build an O-D matrix. I have done this numerous times for basic automobile travel, but this is the first time for emergency vehicles. 

I noticed on ESRI's website (i.e., https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/streetmap-premium/routing-with-streetmap-premium-... there's a "Driving an Emergency Vehicle" restriction that appears to filter the Routing_Streets and RestrictedTurns feature classes in StreetMap Premium's file geodatabase. That said, that restriction only restricts roads being traveled. Many ambulances "roll through" stop signs and street lights when they have their sirens on and the other cars on the road has stopped.

Is there a suggested way to build an OD Matrix for EMS vehicles using StreetMap Premium? Can someone point me to some documentation or best practices for this kind of routing?

0 Kudos
0 Replies