Install StreetMap Premium (Routing) for Enterprise

Jump to solution
12-26-2023 05:20 AM
Nadiia_Matsiuk
New Contributor III

Hello!

I have a question about how to share Routing data (network dataset) like Routing service for ArcGIS Enterprise with licensing StreetMap Premium extension (for ArcGIS Enterprise).
Please, does anyone know how in correct way user must share/publish Routing data for using Routing service in ArcGIS Enteprise?
I read a lot of information about using Locator and Routing in ArcGIS Pro but I need any detailed information about publish routing network dataset for ArcGIS Server and using it with Portal.

Thanks a lot for any advice, information or your experience!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @Nadiia_Matsiuk 

I understand what @gahe mentioned is totally workable solution. However, ArcGIS Enterprise makes it easier by allowing you publish this without the need of Utilizing the Desktop client.

ArcGIS Server comes inbuilt to a utility named "Publish routing services command line utility" but there are some points you would need to keep in mind :

• To use this utility, your ArcGIS Server site needs to have an ArcGIS Network Analyst extension license.
  • If your ArcGIS StreetMap Premium data is licensed, you need to install the appropriate data license on each machine before running this utility. 

Additionally, kindly find a few link below for more understanding:

This Utility takes care of everything from Enterprise perspective, some mentioned below:

• The service published can be used to perform route, closest facility, service area, location-allocation, origin destination cost matrix, or vehicle routing problem analyses on transportation networks.
  • If the ArcGIS Server site is federated with a portal, the services are configured as utility services with your portal. Once published, the services can be used in client applications such as ArcGIS Pro or the Map Viewer Classic of the ArcGIS Enterprise portal to get directions and perform analysis.

Note: All the documentation links are 11.2. Do switch the version as per your requirement as per the version you are working with

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
gahe
by
New Contributor

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/streetmap-premium/get-started-with-streetmap-prem...

According to this link you can add routing and locator in pro before publishing the service.

Import the StreetMap Premium map document

Once all the files are downloaded from My Esri and unzipped on your computer, import the StreetMap Premium map document (.mxd file) to ArcGIS Pro. You can also add other data layers from the file geodatabase to your ArcGIS Pro project, including the Routing_ND network dataset for routing functionality, or add a locator to access geocoding capabilities. See the Geocoding and Routing sections below for more information.

1. On the Insert tab, click Import Map.
  2. Browse to the location on your computer where you saved the .mxd file and click it to add it to the project.
  3. Save the ArcGIS Pro project (.aprx file) so you don't have to import the .mxd file again.
  4. On the Map tab, use the Add Data button to add other data layers from the file geodatabase to your map, such as the Routing_ND network dataset for routing functionality.
  5. In the Catalog pane, click the Project tab, go to the Locators folder, and right-click a locator to add it to your ArcGIS Pro project for geocoding capability.
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @Nadiia_Matsiuk 

I understand what @gahe mentioned is totally workable solution. However, ArcGIS Enterprise makes it easier by allowing you publish this without the need of Utilizing the Desktop client.

ArcGIS Server comes inbuilt to a utility named "Publish routing services command line utility" but there are some points you would need to keep in mind :

• To use this utility, your ArcGIS Server site needs to have an ArcGIS Network Analyst extension license.
  • If your ArcGIS StreetMap Premium data is licensed, you need to install the appropriate data license on each machine before running this utility. 

Additionally, kindly find a few link below for more understanding:

This Utility takes care of everything from Enterprise perspective, some mentioned below:

• The service published can be used to perform route, closest facility, service area, location-allocation, origin destination cost matrix, or vehicle routing problem analyses on transportation networks.
  • If the ArcGIS Server site is federated with a portal, the services are configured as utility services with your portal. Once published, the services can be used in client applications such as ArcGIS Pro or the Map Viewer Classic of the ArcGIS Enterprise portal to get directions and perform analysis.

Note: All the documentation links are 11.2. Do switch the version as per your requirement as per the version you are working with

Hope this helps.

Nadiia_Matsiuk
New Contributor III

Hello @ArchitSrivastava 

I appreciate your response! The Publish Routing Services utility was successfully launched and we published our data. Thank you!

When you look into it, it becomes clear. But for the first time, our team worked on it until the morning and without success :))

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos