Weed abatement programs

07-24-2012 09:15 AM
deleted-user-eecV1RPyUfl1
Occasional Contributor
Hi.  I am looking for a good GIS-based application for use with municipal weed abatement, but having a surprisingly difficult time finding one.  Does anyone know of a good application or third-party software vendor for something like this?  Thanks!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimPudoff
New Contributor
Don't have a solution, but I'm looking for a similar function, with the ability to attach photo of location condition and site comment.
0 Kudos
DavidAllen
Occasional Contributor
Hi.  I am looking for a good GIS-based application for use with municipal weed abatement, but having a surprisingly difficult time finding one.  Does anyone know of a good application or third-party software vendor for something like this?  Thanks!

Don't know if anyone is still looking at these old posts ... but ...

We use Government Outreach for our weeds. It lets the code guys manage this on a map, and also lets citizens file complaints (with photo) using their smart phones. It also will let citizens track the process so that they know action is being taken. Sometimes they don't understand that we can't just go mow the property that afternoon, it can be a lengthy process and they will get automatic updates as the situation is handled.

It consumes our ArcGIS for Server data services, so as I make updates the program is automatically updated.
0 Kudos
deleted-user-eecV1RPyUfl1
Occasional Contributor
Thanks Euless, I've looked at their application GoRequest.  Loaded it on my Android and it works quite well actually.  What does the subscription cost you to run it there?
0 Kudos