AGOL and Survey123

04-02-2018 10:44 AM
KeithCampbell
New Contributor II

So I published a draft form to Survey123 with my AGOL account.  The form can be downloaded in the field using that same account, and filled out successfully.  Unfortunately, it won’t let the form be submitted to the server.  Any guess what would prevent submission to the ArcGIS online account?  Is it because we don’t have cloud space? And I’m still trying to figure out where Survey123 submits the data.

I’ve shared the survey with my entire group, so can see the status of the survey at survey123.arcgis.com, but once again there is no data because the foreman I’ve been trying to test it with can’t submit the form from his mobile device.  I’m not sure if there is a control somewhere that will allow the submission, or if it should just send to a default location.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Keith,

So once you create the Survey and go to the collaborate tab, are you sharing the survey with everyone or just a specific group? If a specific group is the foreman a member of that group and have edit level permissions?

0 Kudos
KeithCampbell
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Hope you're doing well. Below is from the gentleman who set up the Survey and is attempting to test it in the field:

The survey was shared with “Members of my organization [xxxx]”

I also just created [another group] and shared it with that entity as well.

The foreman is using the same account that I created and published the survey with.  I don’t have any other account to test with.  If we need to test with a separate account, then I would need another user account or could ask [one of the other users] to use his as the field account.

I couldn’t find any reference to ‘edit permissions’ in the Survey123 interface, I could only choose to add ‘who can submit data to this survey’

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Keith,

The permission level of the user in not be part of the survey123  interface. Permissions are set at the organization level, so your orgs admin will have to verify that users permission level. If they are a publisher but have no editing capability then that would be the issue.