Any similar function to pulldata() to work with MMPK?

07-09-2023 02:33 PM
lannguyentl
New Contributor III

Hi All,

A linked MMPK in a survey form is so useful for offline basemap. However, will be much better if there is anything similar to pulldata() to work with the mmpk, such as pulling data under geopoint from mmkp to populate other fields while offline...

I believe many member in this community share the same thought with me.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
7 Replies
MarkWILSON_LLS
New Contributor II

Gday there @lannguyentl . Yes I am after this exact feature. 
I replied to another thread a few weeks ago along similar lines, (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/select-features-in-survey123-map-geopoint-quest...

the end goal is to have pulldata(@layer) functionality in an offline setting (without having to use a URL link from FieldMaps etc)

PegGronemeyer1
New Contributor III

Greetings - 

@lannguyentl and @MarkWILSON_LLS 

I also would love this - pulldata gives me the exact function i need, but I can't go offline with it. 

You have my upvote

Thanks

MarkWILSON_LLS
New Contributor II

FYI, 
My current workaround for this is to have the pulldata(@layer) fields added as a note type linked to a geopoint field.

Process for offline collection:

1- Open the survey form and collect the GPS geopoint field - Note fields for reserve name, area etc are all unable to populate as the device is offline

2- Fill all fields and save the survey to the outbox

3 - When back in service/online, edit the survey from the outbox. without editing any fields the GPS Geopoint will now update all the pulldata(@layer) calculations and populate the note fields for reserve name, area etc.

4 - Submit the survey from the outbox.

PegGronemeyer1
New Contributor III

I appreciate this so much!  Thank  you

lannguyentl
New Contributor III

Hi All, sorry for being offline for awhile.

In Sep 2023, I talked to Ismael Chivite when he came to NZ for our User conference, and he promised to have this function in 2024 🙂

@Ismael 

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Thanks,

Lan

0 Kudos
SteveBrewer
New Contributor III

Hi Lannguyentl. This would be a great feature and sorely needed. I will be testing a javascript that will do this function offline tomorrow with a json. If it works I will share it with you here as a fix until esri can provide this.

0 Kudos
lannguyentl
New Contributor III

Thank SteveBrewer!

0 Kudos