Attach Image when selecting a value

2 weeks ago
TrevorRobar2
New Contributor II

I am building out a form that when our user selects a choice from a question. An image signature jpeg in the media folder will be inserted into the form as an attached file before submission.

The question is currently "File" and my media::image attribute is based on the user selection ${officer_name}.

My media statement ${officer_name}.jpg

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't think this will work as you want it to.

Anything in the media folder exists alongside the survey and is available to anyone that can download that survey. So, first point is "is you survey secure?" If this is a public survey for instance, than anyone can get access to your signature(s). Probably not ideal. I assume this has already been considered and isn't an issue, but it's worth mentioning.

Next is your question: "Attach Image when selecting a value". Short answer is "not possible". Longer answer is "if you are generating a Feature Report, just conditionally add the signatures there".

An alternative solution, and probably the solution, is to just add a "Signature" question type to your survey. This is the best approach as it avoids lots of potential issues:

abureaux_0-1713812070144.png

0 Kudos
TrevorRobar2
New Contributor II

Thank You Abureaux! I figured as much, just wanted to check the board. I will load the image in their device and they can add the signature before submitting their form. They don't like the signature pad.

0 Kudos