Can I set bin range when analyzing integer data

10-06-2016 09:01 AM
TomRippetoe
Occasional Contributor

(Originally I mistakenly posted this as a Discussion, and I cannot figure out how to move it. So i am re-posting this a Question. I apologize for the duplication).

I am collecting some integer data. In most cases, the value will be zero and in all cases the values will be less than or equal to 10.  Is there a way that i can set the bins for the column and bar charts so that they don't break on decimal values?  I'd like to have either 11 bins (0-10) or something like 0-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-10 (or some such).  It doesn't make sense to our users to see the data ranges based on decimal numbers

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Currently, we don't have a way to manually set bins.  We want to be able to support more customizing with the charts in the future, but don't have a timeline for that yet.

TomRippetoe
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the answer.  Is 'manually set bin ranges' something that I could/should add to the Ideas section?

Is there a way that the app's code could check the data type and if it is of type integer, then don't break bins at non-integer values?

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Tom Rippetoe‌,

We encourage you to post the idea of manually set bin ranges to Ideas section, so other users would vote for the idea. We always consider to implement new features or enhancements at the top of ideas list:)

And we also consider to have the enhancement that limit the bin range to integer for integer question, but still don't have a timeline yet.

0 Kudos