Can you convert .dbf table to a form for use in Survey 123 , Can you convert .dbf table to a form for use in Survey 123

06-26-2017 10:36 AM
ScottLouque
New Contributor III

I have features stored in feature classes and was wondering if I could export the table out to a .dbf file and then save it as a .csv file and then use the pulldata function in Survey 123 to display a form of the .csv table

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Scott,

Yes you should be able to convert the DBF file to a CSV for use with the pulldata function in Survey123.

0 Kudos
ScottLouque
New Contributor III

Whenever I try I get the Error message

Error Converting XLSForm

[row : 2] List name not in choices sheet: [list_name]

I have looked at the choices sheet and it has

yes_no under list_name

yes under name

Yes under label

Can you provide me with any help to this error?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

That sounds like a different issue.  What is in row 2 of the *survey* worksheet (the error message indicates that a list specified by a question is not present in the choices sheet)

0 Kudos
ScottLouque
New Contributor III

Row 2 of my .csv file contains the first entry of one of the features in my database, Row 1 contains the Field Names

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

I was asking about the XLS file created by Survey123 Connect - in addition to the 'choices' worksheet, it also has a 'survey', 'settings' and 'types' worksheet.  The error you are getting seems to be from a question that isn't properly set up - that would be in the 'survey' worksheet.

0 Kudos
ScottLouque
New Contributor III

I think I just may have figured out why I got this error. By looking at examples on the web, I noticed that their is a list of choices to populate the question asked in the form. I never setup choices in the choices worksheet.

I have

'calculation | adCal | | pulldata()'

command on the 2nd row in the survey worksheet

0 Kudos