Cascading Selects Regex issue

Jump to solution
09-13-2021 07:43 PM
Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

Greetings,

I'm trying to use a simple cascading select using regex and a comma delineated list in the choices tab.  I read through a blog post outlining exactly what I wanted to do, but the second field (component in this case) will not allow me to select a value and no dropdown list is available to click.  It seems pretty straightforward and I feel I must be missing some minor detail. I would appreciate any insight someone might have.Choices TabChoices TabForm TabForm TabSurvey TabSurvey Tab      

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Jefcoat_Nathan,

What version of Connect and the field app are you using? From your screenshots it looks as if everything is configured correctly, however there must be something else causing the issue. On thing I noticed is some of the values in the choice list column have no spaces after the comma. This shouldn't make a difference but good to be consistent either way. I can  see you are using a reserved keyword "date" in the name column of the survey sheet. This may cause unexpected issues, refer to latest advanced template and "Reserved" tab for full list of reserved keywords.

Can you share your XLSForm (xlsx file and media folder files) so we can take a closer look?

You can also take a look at the sample "Choice Filters and Cascading Selects" available in Connect, this has a working example of using regex() in the choice filter column.

PhilipWilson_0-1631592752835.png

I just tested it out with the latest 3.12 version of Connect and field app and it works as expected:

PhilipWilson_1-1631592834376.png

PhilipWilson_4-1631593066585.png

PhilipWilson_3-1631592945204.png

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Jefcoat_Nathan,

What version of Connect and the field app are you using? From your screenshots it looks as if everything is configured correctly, however there must be something else causing the issue. On thing I noticed is some of the values in the choice list column have no spaces after the comma. This shouldn't make a difference but good to be consistent either way. I can  see you are using a reserved keyword "date" in the name column of the survey sheet. This may cause unexpected issues, refer to latest advanced template and "Reserved" tab for full list of reserved keywords.

Can you share your XLSForm (xlsx file and media folder files) so we can take a closer look?

You can also take a look at the sample "Choice Filters and Cascading Selects" available in Connect, this has a working example of using regex() in the choice filter column.

PhilipWilson_0-1631592752835.png

I just tested it out with the latest 3.12 version of Connect and field app and it works as expected:

PhilipWilson_1-1631592834376.png

PhilipWilson_4-1631593066585.png

PhilipWilson_3-1631592945204.png

Regards,

Phil.

Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response @Anonymous User !

I was using using 3.9 and upgraded to the latest version but I'm still having the same issue where the field the has a choice filter will not populate with choices.  I have attached the XLSForm (there are no media files) if you have time to take a look.

0 Kudos
Jefcoat_Nathan
New Contributor III

Well it turns out I'm just dense and got some logic wrong in setting up my column list.  It is all working fine now.  Thanks again.